Wednesday 11 July 2012

Lipstick Obsession...Exotic Orchid Shimmer

If you've been reading my blog for a little while now, you will know that I love lipsticks as I don't stop banging on about them! In my Estee Lauder Lipsticks post, which you can find HERE, I briefly mentioned one of the Lipsticks Exotic Orchid Shimmer. I am in love with this lipstick, it has become my new obsession. 






 It was always one of those lipsticks that I would wear only on a night out, due to the vibrancy and the paleness of my skin but over the past two weeks I have been wearing it every single day.

This is a hideous picture...Apologies
 Packaging:  Love Love LOVE the packaging. Sleek, shiny gold tubes. What more can you ask for?

Scent: Most Estee Lauder Lipsticks have a particular scent that I can't quite put my finger on but it I do love it. It's fruity but not too overpowering which is what appeals to me.

Durability: The durability of this lipstick is great. Stayed on for pretty much my whole day at work with just a few touch ups and it also didn't dry my lips out which is an added bonus! 

Consistency: This lipstick goes on like a dream, it's so creamy but it does tend to slip during the day. I would definitely  recommend bringing a compact with a mirror with you if you are wearing this lipstick as no one wants lipstick smudged all over their face!

Price: The price is something I dislike about this, and all Estee Lauder products. I can justify spending £18 when I have the money but if I don't, I do feel it is a little steep for a lipstick. 

If you like Estee Lauder lipsticks, or just bright colours and don't mind spending £18 on a lipstick then I highly recommend this! This is by far my favourite lipstick in my whole collection!

13 comments:

  1. I also love love love lipsticks and this is such a lovely colour :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour :) love the packaging too.
    I need to try a few more Estee Lauder lippies.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty colour..I would strongly recommend you do try some more. I love them xx

      Delete
  3. 18 pounds for a lipstick is pretty steep but omg the color looks stunning! looks like the perfect red :)

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they weren't so expensive! Doesn't stop me buying them though haha, my poor bank balance! x

      Delete
  4. i agree it is so expensive x but the colour is really nicee oohh i think i just need more money ha

    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    Natali xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color and especially the last shot of you! You look dazzling. Thanks for presenting us all these marvelous beauty products! And thank you for your lovely comment ;) Keep going! xoxo from NYC
    http://hollylovespaul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it looks beautiful on you! I never wear lipstick really but I should - it is such a fun way to brighten a look.
    xx
    If you have a free moment I would so appreciate if you could check out my new post!

    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look and subbed to your channel :) xx

      Delete
  7. This is such a stunning color! Especially on your skin tone!

    magentasue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Stopping By, It Really Makes My Day